2022 Butter Up! Contest Rules & Regulations
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture (the "Department") announces the rules for its 2022 Pennsylvania Farm Show Butter Up! Contest.
Am I Eligible to Enter? To be eligible to enter and win, you must:
- be a legal resident of Pennsylvania.
Contest Period: Contest entries will be accepted starting on Friday, December 3, 2021 through Friday, December 17, 2021 at 12:00 p.m. EST
How Do I Enter? To enter, complete these four steps:
- During the Contest Period email your Butter Up! Entry photo to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Butter Up Entry”.
- Email must include the entrant's name, age, county of residence, phone number, and favorite Pennsylvania dairy product.
- Photo of entry must be attached. To authenticate your entry, please handwrite the entrant's first name, last name, and age on a piece of paper along with "2022 Butter Sculpture Entry" and photograph it with your DIY sculpture. Do not include your phone number on the authentication.
- Entries for minors must be submitted by a parent or legal guardian.
- Entry submissions that do not include all the above information will not be entered into the contest.
Your entry constitutes your representation to the Department that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth above and your agreement to abide by these Contest Rules.
Entries that are incomplete or do not comply with these Contest Rules may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Department.
Your entry constitutes your permission for the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture to use your name, your likeness, the entered photo and other entry information without any compensation to you.
- Can use up to 5 pounds of butter
- Allowed to use chicken wire, sculpting wire and a base to help support your design. The chicken wire and sculpting wire must be 100% covered by the butter.
- Cannot use food dye or coloring of any kind to enhance the butter.
- The Department reserves the right to reject any entry that the Department, in its sole discretion, determines to be obscene, vulgar, or otherwise offensive to standards of modesty and decency.
- Sculpture must be your own work.
- To authenticate your entry, please handwrite the entrant's first name, last name, and age on a piece of paper along with "2022 Butter Sculpture Entry" and photograph it with your DIY sculpture.
Age Groups: Entrants will be grouped into the following age groups for fan judging:
- 5 and under
- 5-10 (Elementary)
- 11-13 (Middle School)
- 14-17 (High School)
- 18-64 (Adult)
- 65+ (Senior)
Judging: Get ready to be judged by your fellow Pennsylvanians! On Friday, December 17, 2021, six photo albums with entries will be published to the Pennsylvania Farm Show Facebook page for fan judging. Judging will run from Friday, December 13 through Tuesday, December 21, 2021 at 12:00 PM EST.
Support Your Entry! One winner will be selected in each category based on total reactions (likes, loves, wows, cares, etc). So, encourage your friends and family to interact with your post! The more reactions the higher your chances of winning!
Winner Selection: The Department will count the reactions each entry receives within the judging period presented above. Reactions given after the close of the judging period will not be counted. Each positive reaction (whether a like, love, wow, etc.) will be counted the same. There will be one winner and one runner-up per age group. The winner and runner-up will be based on the highest number of total reactions.
Notification & Announcement: Winners will be notified via a post on the Pennsylvania Farm Show Facebook page by on Wednesday, December 22, 2021.
The Prizes: The prizes include $50 and $25 gift cards for the winners and runners up in all five categories from members of the Pennsylvania Food Merchants Association including C & S Wholesale Grocers, The GIANT Company, Giant Eagle/GetGo, Square One Markets, and Wegmans.
This Butter Up! Contest is hosted by the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
By entering the contest, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Contest Rules.