Meringues with PA Oats and Honey
January 08, 2021 12:00 AM
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours, 10 minutes
Cooling time: 40 minutes
Ready in: 3 hours, 10 minutes
- 3/4 cup Pennsylvania oats
- 2 Pennsylvania farm fresh egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Pennsylvania honey
- To a lined baking sheet, add oats and bake for 8 to 10 minutes at 350°F until golden.
- In a mixing bowl, add egg whites and salt and beat with a hand mixer until stiff peaks
- form. Add half the sugar and continue to beat until glossy. Add the remaining sugar and
- oats, fold to combine.
- Onto a lined baking sheet, spoon small mounds of meringue mixture, drizzle with honey
- and bake for 2 hours at 250°F. Allow meringues to cool in the oven before serving.